The following competitions have been approved for Competition Appointment trialing in 2018:
- Summer Classic (Glacier Falls) (July 25 – 29) Anaheim, CA – application deadline July 11
- Golden West Championships (Aug. 30 – Sept. 2) Ontario, CA – applications deadline August 16
- Southern CA Invitational Series Finale (Sept. 29 – 30) Paramount, CA– application deadline September 15
- Southwest Pacific Regional Championships (Oct. 17 -21) Anaheim, CA – application deadline – September 1
- Pacific Coast Sectional Championships (Nov. 13 -17) Salt Lake City, UT – application deadline – September 1
The application to trial judge at a competition can be found on the Judges page of the USFS website (Request to Trial Judge a Competition). If trial judges are unsure of their availability this far in advance, it is best to apply anyway. Keep in mind you are not limited to trialing competitions within your own region. A list of approved competitions across the country can be found on the judges page of the website.
You do not have to stay with competitions only in your region. If there is an approved competition in another region that works better for you, please apply to trial judge at that competition. The same goes for regional or sectional championships.
Trial judging freeskates for test credit – the judges committee is currently working on the procedures for this. At the moment, it will be offered at Summer Classic and possibly Goldenwest, but definitely NOT at Series Final or Regionals/Sectionals.